#RideRazor Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Description. This is a skill-based contest in which entrants have an opportunity to create photos or videos in connection with Razor Worldwide productions. PLEASE READ ALL RULES CAREFULLY AS THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS MAY AFFECT YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES AT LAW.
- Eligibility. #RideRazor (“Contest“) is open to any legal residents of the 50 U.S States, District of Columbia, over the age of majority with a valid, public Instagram, Twitter, and/or YouTube (“Social Media Feeds”) account at the time of entry. Employees of Razor USA LLC and other companies associated with the promotion of the Contest, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible.
- Sponsor. The Contest is sponsored by Razor USA LLC, located at 12723 166th St., Cerritos, California 90703.
- Agreement to Official Rules. Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon being compliant with these Official Rules and fulfilling all other requirements set forth herein.
- Contest Period. The Contest is currently scheduled to consist of: approximately twelve (12) contest months from August 1, 2016 to August 1, 2017, each with a first, second and third prize awarded for the social media post in each month (each a “Contest Month”). See Judging Criteria and Voting sections below for more information.
- How to Enter. Submit your original video, photo, or comment by using #RideRazor and #RazorContest (“Hashtags”) via a post on one or more of the Social Media Feeds. Entrants may not submit posts that violate a third party’s copyrights or trademarks or depictions of any individuals that have not granted permission to appear in the post. By using the Hashtags, entrant represents that they have read, agreed to, and complied with all of the official rules, that his/her content does not violate any laws, and grants the necessary intellectual property rights to the Sponsor for displaying said content on its web pages and Social Media Feeds. Please see the Use of Content section below for more details.
Submissions will be accepted for the duration of the Contest using any of the following methods: Social Media Feeds. If Razor is notified of any claimed copyright/trademark infringement, Razor may remove or block the submitted item, pending resolution by Submitter.
- How to Win. Two rounds of the contest shall be held. Any entry that complies with the Official Rules will be reviewed by the judges for selection as a finalist. Each Contest Month, the judges selected by the Sponsor will select up to ten (10) of the most compelling posts from any of the Social Media Feeds that have used the Hashtags within the same monthly period as well as any eligible entry from the prior two consecutive months. The finalists announced before the public voting period is open and displayed on the Razor website. Public voting will then commence. The top three highest number of votes shall win the first, second, and third prizes, respectively.
- Entry Period. Entrants may submit an entry between 12:00 am on the first of the month of each Contest Month to 11:59 p.m. on the 25th of the Contest Month. Valid entries will automatically be entered into the contest for the following two consecutive Contest Months. Finalists will be chosen between 12:00 a.m. on the 26th through the 11:59 pm of the last day of the month. Public voting will then be open the subsequent month between 12:00 a.m. on the first to 11:59 pm of 25th the following month. The Contest Month will always be displayed clearly within the website. The Web Site administrator’s computer will be deemed the official time keeping device for the contest.
Contest Months begin at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time on start date of each Contest Month and end at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on end Date of each Contest Month.
Submitting duplicate entries will not increase chance of winning.
|Contest Month||Contest Entry Period||Finalist Selection Period|
|Oct. 2016||9/1/16 – 9/25/16||9/26/16 – 10/9/16|
|Nov. 2016||10/10/16 – 10/25/16||10/26/16-10/31/16|
|Dec. 2016||11/1/16 – 11/25/16||11/26/16-11/30/16|
|Jan. 2017||12/1/16 – 12/25/16||12/26/16-12/31/16|
|Feb. 2017||1/1/17 – 1/25/17||1/26/16-1/31/16|
|Mar. 2017||2/1/17 – 2/25/17||2/26/17-2/28/17|
|Apr. 2017||3/1/17 – 3/25/17||3/26/17-3/31/17|
|May 2017||4/1/17 – 4/25/17||4/26/17-4/30/17|
|Jun. 2017||5/1/17 – 5/25/17||5/26/17-5/31/17|
|Jul. 2017||6/1/17 – 6/25/17||6/26/17-6/30/17|
|Aug. 2017||7/1/17 – 7/25/17||7/26/17-7/31/17|
|Sep. 2017||8/1/17 – 8/25/17||8/26/17-8/31/17|
|Contest Month||Public Voting Period on Finalists||Winners Announced|
|Oct. 2016||10/10/16 – 10/25/16||11/2/16|
|Nov. 2016||11/1/16 – 11/25/16||12/2/16|
|Dec. 2016||12/1/16 – 12/25/16||1/2/17|
|Jan. 2017||1/1/17 – 1/25/17||2/2/17|
|Feb. 2017||2/1/17 – 2/25/17||3/2/17|
|Mar. 2017||3/1/17 – 3/25/17||4/2/17|
|Apr. 2017||4/1/17 – 4/25/17||5/2/17|
|May 2017||5/1/17 – 5/25/17||6/2/17|
|Jun. 2017||6/1/17 – 6/25/17||7/2/17|
|Jul. 2017||7/1/17 – 7/25/17||8/2/17|
|Aug. 2017||8/1/17 – 8/25/17||9/2/17|
|Sep. 2017||9/1/17 – 9/25/17||10/2/17|
- Voting. During the voting period, all members of the public may vote. There is a limit of one vote per day per person during the contest period. Entry with the most, second most and third most valid votes during the voting period shall be determined the first, second and third place winners respectively. Attempts to vote more than the number of times authorized herein, using any third party proxy voting services, using multiple names or e-mail addresses and/or any other fraudulent mechanism(s), including robotic, automatic, programmed or similar methods, or soliciting votes on behalf of entrants, by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, offering prizes, payments or other inducements to members of the public (including, without limitation, offering to trade votes), shall give the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, the right to disqualify the entrant’s entry.
- Judging criteria. Finalists will be determined based on the following: Creativity – 30%; best incorporation of one of the Razor product – 30%; self-expression – 40%. The top ten (10) entries will be contacted via the same Social Media Feed used to enter the contest that his or her entry has been selected as a finalist.
In the event of a tie: wherein the finalists have the same number of votes, the judges will use this criteria breakdown to determine a winner.
Entries must comply with the following rules:
- The entry submitted must contain a Razor product;
- The winning entry must not mention or include any branding of competitor brands or products;
- The entry must depict an awesome or impressive post or trick!
- Entry must show the Razor product used in a safe, age appropriate manner.
- Do not include in the Entry or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, other than Razor products, or any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
- Do not include material in the entry embodying the names, likenesses, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without prior written permission, other than the members of your immediate family;
- Do not include material in the entry that communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate;
- The Entry must not depict, and cannot itself, be in obvious violation of any law; and
- Entries may not include material in the entry that is harmful to other users of the contest website, such as viruses or other technologies that could adversely impact the contest.
- Winner Notification. The potential winners will be notified by the Social Media Feeds. The Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winner via the same social media feed as the entrant used to enter the contest within a week after the end of the competition. If the potential winner cannot be contacted within seven (7) days after the date of the first attempt to contact him/her, the Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place.
Each potential prize winner will be required to complete, electronically sign and submit a Declaration of Compliance within five (5) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, or fails to submit the Declaration of Compliance/Eligibility within the required time period (if applicable), or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. If the potential winner is at least 18 but still considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian, who will be required to sign the Declaration of Compliance on the potential winners behalf and fulfill any other requirements imposed on winner set forth herein. Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner with the next highest amount of votes from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate winners shall be selected, after which the prize will remain un-awarded. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 8-10 weeks after the conclusion of the Contest. To receive a copy of the winner’s list, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org within one hundred and eighty (180) calendar days of the end of the contest.
- Prizes. Prizes will change on a monthly basis due to stock and availability. Prizes will be defined by Razor. Prizes will range from Razor products to Razor collateral and giveaways such as t-shirts and stickers. The ARV will vary and will be dependent on the prize/s availability at the time. Approximate prize value will be displayed under each prize. No prize shall be valued above $500.00. Prizes can be substituted by the sponsor with similar products according to the local compliance of the product given as a prize. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
- General Conditions. In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, bug, worm, unauthorized human intervention or other technical problem, or in the event the Contest is unable to run as planned for any other reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules or (b) terminate the Contest and, in the event of termination, award the prize from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. Any attempt by any person to damage the website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages (including attorneys fees) and any other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by the Sponsor to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Release and Limitations of Liability. By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, other companies associated with the Contest, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives, and agents (the Released Parties) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of the prize including, but not limited to: (a) any technical errors associated with the Contest, including lost, interrupted or unavailable Internet Service Provider (ISP), network, server, wireless service provider, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone, cellular tower or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (b) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (c) mechanical, network, electronic, computer, human, printing or typographical errors; (d) application downloads errors, (e) any other errors or problems in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors that may occur in the administration of the Contest, the announcement of the winner, the cancellation or postponement of the event, if applicable, the incorrect downloading of the application the processing of entries application downloads or in any Contest-related materials; or (f) injury, death, losses or damages of any kind, to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrants participation in the Contest or acceptance, receipt or misuse of the prize. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest.
If you believe that any content displayed violates the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) in any way, please contact email@example.com to submit a request a copyright infringement notice.
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE CONTEST, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, (IF ANY), NOT TO EXCEED FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($500.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANTS’ REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONETARY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Use of Content Release. You hereby grant the Sponsor, Razor USA, LLC (“Razor”), related, affiliated, and its subsidiary entities and their respective agencies, licensees, and legal representatives (collectively, the “Releasees”), the irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide right to use, reproduce, edit, market, store, distribute, have distributed, communicate to the public, reproduce, re-arrange, change, add to or delete from, translate, adapt or otherwise revise and/or alter the entry, or any display thereof, publicly and privately display, communicate, make available, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote the entry, for editorial, commercial, promotional and all other purposes. Winners grant Sponsor the right to crop, splice, treat and edit the entries at its sole discretion and waive the right to inspect or approve the finished product, now and in the future, whether that use is known or unknown to winner. In addition, you hereby assign to the Releasees all royalty-free, non-exclusive rights, titles, and interests that you may be deemed to have in any reproduction, product, or derivative work using or incorporating the entry. Further, you hereby waive any and all moral rights, droit moral, or similar rights, to the photo or video submitted as your entry. You represent and warrant that you have the right to grant any and all necessary rights and licenses provided herein, including without limitation, all necessary copyright and other related rights to the artwork, free and clear of all claims and encumbrances without violating the rights of any person or entity, including any right to privacy or publicity. You hereby hold the Releasees and their officers, directors, employees and representatives harmless from and against any third party claim arising from use of the entry and from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize or participation in any Contest related activity and you waive any right to inspect or approve uses of the entry or to be compensated for any such uses and for any liability for any bodily injury, loss or damages of any kind to persons, including, without limitation, death, and property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly from entry creation, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize or participation in any Contest related activity. Participating in the Contest constitutes permission to the Releasees to use participants’ names, biographical information, pictures/portraits, likenesses and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. By participating in the Contest, the entrant agree that Releasees and all of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees and assigns, members, representatives and agents, will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by entrant for any liability for any bodily injury, loss or damages of any kind to persons, including, without limitation, death, and property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entry creation, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, if applicable, or participation in the Contest or participation in any Contest or prize related activity.
- Disputes. Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Los Angeles County, California. Entrant agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction in California and expressly waives any forum non conveniens defense. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrants rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than California.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, DO NOT ENTER THE CONTEST, PROVIDE ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION ON THE CONTEST WEBSITE OR OTHERWISE USE THE CONTEST WEBSITE. ALL ENTRY INFORMATION AND USE OF THE CONTEST WEBSITE MUST BE SUBMITTED BY A PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN ON BEHALF OF A PARTICIPANT, IF PARTICIPANT IS UNDER THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR JURISDICTION OF RESIDENCE.