5 Easy Ways to Go Green in 2019
Whether you’ve made reducing your environmental footprint an official New Year’s Resolution or just want to make some simple changes in 2019, there are lots of things you can do to live a greener life, and many of them are simple changes, including:
- Giving Plastic Bags the Boot! Single use plastic bags take between 10 and one thousand years to decompose. They’re overloading our landfills and polluting our oceans. And cutting them out is a great way to make a meaningful and immediate impact on our environment. This year, vow to bring your own, reusable bags to the grocery store and replace the Ziplock bags in your kids’ lunches with reusable bags or containers.
- Cutting Back on Fossil Fuels! Reducing your auto emissions is a great way to go green. Consider carpooling or riding the bus to work and walking or riding your Razor scooter to run local errands. According to the experts at org, you’ll reduce your carbon footprint by one pound for every mile you don’t drive, so you and your neighbors can breathe easier.
- Washing Your Clothes in Cold Water! A simple adjustment at the washing machine can also reduce your carbon footprint. Research proves that washing clothes at 30 degrees gets them just as clean as 60 degrees and the Sierra Club says that every household that switches to cold eliminates 1,600 pounds of carbon dioxide emissions each year.
- Letting in the Light! You’re probably already turning off the lights when you leave home but waiting as long as possible to turn them back on is another great way to save energy. Open your curtains and let in the natural light in the morning – and when you do turn the lights on, make sure you’re using compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs). CFLs use less wattage, or electricity, to create the same amount of light as incandescent bulbs, reducing the emissions resulting from coal-powered electricity generation.
- Keeping a Careful Watch on Your Paper Consumption! Switch from paper napkins to cloth (diapers, too, if you’re really committed!). Print only when you have to, and then double sided. Repurpose used pages for your kids to draw and color on. Opt out of as much junk mail as possible and pay all of your bills online.
Razor E300S Electric Scooter Shown here – shop now.